Sensational cycling tours
await you in the Puster Valley. Be it bikers, free-riders, leisure cyclists or race cyclists: here you'll find everything you expect from a wonderful cycling holiday in South Tyrol. Innumerable routes and tours can be comfortably reached from Villabassa: for example the Alta Pusteria round tour, and one of the more difficult routes into the Valle S. Silvestro Valley to Cornetto di Confine. HOTEL EMMA HIGHLIGHT:
guests of Hotel Emma can discover Alta Pusteria with a certified local guide 2 times per week (Wednesday and Friday). The most beautiful trails, the most adventurous uphill routes and the coolest downhill roads await you.
price: 39,00 € a person
min: 3 person Our cycling tips:
- Pusterbike: The 61 km long cycling path in the valley is ideal for families: the Puster Valley cycling path is almost flat and leads from Rio di Pusteria to Lienz in East Tyrol. You can rent bicycles at the various train stations and cycle as far as you want. Once you get out of breath you can return the bicycle and comfortably take the train back.
- Casies Valley: from Villabassa to Casies Valley and back. This tour leads over easily accessible paths with only 2 ascents.
- From Villabassa via Dobbiaco to Cortina: This tour brings you through Val di Landro Valley along the old Dolomites railway track to Dobbiaco Lake, past the Three Peaks view to Durra Lake and Cimabanche. From here you enjoy an easy downhill road through tunnels until reaching Cortina.
- Prato Piazza: through the Braies Valley you cycle up to the Prato Piazza meadow where you will be rewarded with a fantastic panoramic view! You return via the Val di Landro Valley, the old military road and Dobbiaco.
- Since 2010! Downhill & Freeride Trail Herrnsteig: The new Freeride trail "Herrnsteig" at Plan de Corones is open for downhill mountain-bikers and features steep turns, jumps, wooden bridges and chicanes. This modern mountain-bike trend is called freeride. It stimulates concentration, coordination, fine motor skills, and mountain-bikers capacity to react.
- Cycling in the Dolomites! The Maratona dles Dolomites (Dolomites Marathon) is an unforgettable adventure: with almost 10,000 other cyclists you cycle up and down the alpine pass roads of the Dolomites! The Sella Ronda Bike day offers 70 km of road with a total difference in altitude of 1800 m and a splendid panoramic view!
- Cycling in the Puster Valley… the best route tips can be found in the Fun Bike cycling path guide